Five Contractors Vying for Anning and Somerville Fields Pipeline EPCI Services in the Southern North Sea
Posted 19/10/2023 12:07
Hartshead Resources NL and its partner RockRose have initiated the tender process for pipeline Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Installation (EPCI) services for the Anning and Somerville fields situated in the Southern North Sea. This step follows the successful completion of the pipeline route survey, which involved a comprehensive assessment of the gas offtake routes from the developments.
The survey, conducted by Gardline using the Ocean Observer vessel over a period of more than a month, collected an extensive set of seabed technical and environmental data. Key outcomes included the execution of over 1,000 kilometers of seismic lines, 52 cone penetration tests (CPT), 23 Vibrocores, and 27 seabed samples, providing crucial insights into the seabed conditions and environmental baseline for the area. The gathered materials are currently undergoing laboratory analysis, and the results are expected to be available in early 2024, contributing to the environmental statement for the developments.
Hartshead revealed that the survey report would play a critical role in supporting the Invitation to Tender (ITT) for the pipelines EPCI, which has been distributed to five top-notch pipeline and subsea installation contracting companies recognized globally. The company anticipates receiving responses to the ITT within the current quarter and aims to evaluate the submissions based on its internal procedures. The awarding of the tender is projected to take place in early 2024.
Keith Bush, COO of Hartshead, expressed appreciation for the diligent and safety-focused efforts of the survey team, acknowledging their flexibility in adapting to evolving weather conditions and program modifications during the survey operations.
The Anning and Somerville fields, discovered in 1969, commenced production in 2008 and 1999, respectively, and ceased production in 2015. Somerville had produced 48 bcf of gas, while Anning had contributed 16 bcf of gas before the shutdown. RockRose Energy, a part of Viaro Energy, concluded a farm-in agreement in May, securing a 60% working interest in Production Licence P.2607, which includes the Anning and Somerville fields. Hartshead retained the remaining 40% working interest in the license, underscoring their continued involvement in the project's development and operations.