Petrovietnam Drilling and Well Service Corporation (PV Drilling), based in Vietnam, has launched a drilling program on behalf of Northern Gulf Petroleum in the Gulf of Thailand. On October 10, PV Drilling's PV DRILLING I, a jack-up rig built in 2007, commenced drilling operations in Block G6/48, specifically at the Rossukon conventional oil field. The drilling contract, signed on June 1, has a 60-day duration. Following its recent drilling campaigns for Thang Long and Vietsovpetro in Vietnam, the PV DRILLING I rig was relocated from Vietnamese waters to facilitate its transfer to Northern Gulf Petroleum. Notably, after concluding its brief Thai contract, PV DRILLING I is set to move to Malaysia for a one-year drilling commitment.
In light of the improving drilling market and the industry's readiness for growth, PV Drilling is actively executing drilling programs both domestically and internationally, emphasizing short-term contracts. In 2024, the company plans to deploy all four jack-up rigs and one TAD rig to international markets, enhancing its capacity to deliver drilling services.
Northern Gulf Petroleum holds a significant 57% interest in the Rossukon conventional oil field. Complementing this, Valeura Energy manages the remaining 43% operational interest, which was acquired on June 15, 2022. These partnerships reflect the collaborative efforts and international reach that PV Drilling continues to pursue in the global energy sector.